Sunday, November 20, 2005

Thanks Bonnie!

Flirtatious: "I want you to see me looking doughty and still like me." 

Real Mood: Ponderous

Prediction: George W will do a "photo op" getting off the chopper at  the White House as he gets back from China. The President will never master the correct pronounciation of any word of the Mandarin Chinese language. I wonder how one says "new cue lure" in Cantonese? (Prediction Follow Up: I said someone would do a story on a turkey farm last week.  I'm confident that happened somewhere even though I didn't see it. CBS Sunday Morning did offer up a natural sound feature on wild turkeys at the end of their show. Contributing photojournalists love that "end of show" feature. So do a whole bunch of the rest of us, I think.)

So many things are predictable in our shared lives, it's just nice when they are not. So Bonnie Schneider is our link with the weather on CNN this morning?  But Bonnie, mixing and matching from previous outfits, appears in rather doughty and drab adornment.  She is wearing a below the knee length black knit dress. The neckline is high and non-provacative. She is wearing that bland beige sport coat. It takes some doing, but this outfit gives Bonnie an almost masculine overtone. For personal reasons, this is a good thing today.  It allows me to focus.

I am actually able to listen to Bonnie this morning as she says,  "It's going to be very nice today in Boston and points north."

Well, that's where I'm headed tommorrow.  It's as if she is talking right to me. That's an art I tell my students they must master. They MUST look into that lens and talk to one person. It's easier said than mastered.

I'm headed to Maine to visit my sister Brenda. Peggy and I have tried a couple of times to get a trip planned to New England for the leaf change. Missed it again.
"Save me a Leaf Brenda."

Brenda is an artist that, to my knowledge, has never produced anything on fall leaves in New England. Go figure. It comes to me this is an opportunity to get into "shameless sister promotion." Here's her website: 

www.brendareinertson.com

Peggy is also an artist but won't let me do "shameless wife promotion."  I'll keep working on her.

I'm looking out the window at all  the airplane contrails forming this blue mesh net of puffy white lines headed in a whole slew of directions. That's what a bunch of us are going to be doing this week, isn't it? We're taking trips to just about everywhere. Know what I like about Thanksgiving? I'm going to tell you anyway. It belongs to everbody, but it's owned by nobody. Bias really isn't very effective on Thanksgiving. Oh, and I also like Thanksgiving because I get to eat mashed potatoes slathered in butter. Just try and stop me. (I've yet to invite my cardiologist over for Thanksgiving Dinner.)

 

I gotta go pack. According to Bonnie I can get by with the cotton sweater and a light jacket.

No comments: