Monday, November 21, 2005

Hold The Phone!

Flirtatious: "Now Chad, honey! You just take all the time off you need to be a father."

Real Mood: Stupified

Prediction: Chad Myers has an  accomplice in a "BABY" paternity leave scam.

I was on a plane this morning. Who was doing CNN weather early AM? What was she or he wearing.

 

I' ve just heard from CNN. Was I off! I guess it's Chad Myers who should be doing all those morning weather casts.  Okay now. Brace yourself.  This is the official statement. Chad is getting ready to go on PATERNITY leave.  So, Bonnie and Jacqui (with a Q)are filling in. What selfless sweethearts they are.  'As Henry Gibson used to say on "Laugh  In," Velllly Interessssting."  I guess it makes sense. Your  own departure from Earth  qualifies as a valid excuse for not being there during ratings. Bringing a little creature on to the planet should carry the same weight.

I applaud CNN for it's progressive policy on this issue.  But I'm still a little suspicious. I'm going to keep digging.

I'm in Yarmouth, Maine (near Portland). Had a great flight to Boston where my section's Flight Attendant is an exact replica of Jamie Lee Curtis.  I took her picture and I think you can see Tony's genes in her smile.

Know what they do with their pleasure boats up here in Maine in the winter? They cover them in shrink wrap.  Not kidding.  Some get dry docked. Some stay in the water. But they all get shrink wrapped.

I left my "meds" at home. What a pain to get that resolved thousands of miles from  your doctor or pharmacy.

Our educations never end, do they?  We are eating at a Thai restaurant and I order the Pepper Steak.

"And what kind of meat you want sir?"

"Didn't I say Pepper Steak?"

 "Yes, sir. But Pepper Steak can be Pepper Chicken, Pepper Pork, Pepper Beef."

"I don't get it. Just give me the Chicken."

 

No comments: