Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Maybe if I'd been listening?

Flirtatious: That's some weather map you've got there. Make it yourself?

Read Mood: Beaten by degrees

Prediction: Someone will do a TV story this week on a turkey farm.

Bonnie's outfit was moderately tame this morning with kind of an odd color mix.   She wore a black skirt, a red lacy blouse that gave the impression of being see through, and  a kind of doughty creme colored, tailored jacket.

You know I'd spent so much time watching Bonnie and trying to get the temperature in Boston,  I don't even know if she gave a forecast for this area.  I should have been paying attention.  I had three power outages, an inch of snow, a carbon monoxide detector that wouldn't shut off. I'm exhahausted.

I did have a lot of fun in my announcing class, working on raising energy levels. And with hardly any sleep under my belt, that was a pretty good challenge.  We made so much noise someone came around and shut the doors to the studio.  That always tells me we are doing something right.

In the radio journalism class I felt really good about our stream of consciousness exercise. There is some pretty good cortical action going on in that classroom. This was the first time Everybody let go.

This was only the second day I've worn a shoe since breaking my toe.  "I'm afraid I'm not quite ready to go back in coach." I had to take my shoe off in class. I don't get embarrassed, but I don't think the class enjoyed seeing me in my sock.

Man it's just been cold. It didn't go over 30 degrees, all my joints are talking to me, and I left my WD-40 at home.

Look for some big TV stories this week. It's the challenge of having a rating period with Thanksgiving hanging out at the end of it. I'm not sure about this, but I've heard the HUT (houses using television) levels drop the closer we get to Thanksgiving.  That means the stations and networks will be trying to draw you in this week.  You're going to hear a lot of those "Chicken Little Teases."

"Will the Sky Fall? Tune in tonight at ten and find out."

"Will People really eat Turkey on Thanksgiving? Join us tonight for our in-depth investigation."

Some station in the country will do the old "drop a wallet in an alley" investigative story. You just set up the camera to catch people's behaviors when they find a wallet full of money. I've seen it so many times, I could write down the soundbites before they're even uttered.

I finally found some Bio information on Bonnie. Part of her early career was spent at a small station in Louisiana where she got to be known as "Miss Bonnie!"

I hope she's wearing something interesting in the morning. I'm so beat I might sleep through it this time.

Night!

No comments: