Thursday, January 4, 2007

Tonnage report

I said back in October of '06 that I vowed I would not gain back any of my weight loss through the HOLIDAYS...and then I later vowed I wouldn't punish myself terribly should I fall short of that goal?

Well?  No punishment, no guilt, no weight gain. So here I am feeling pretty good about myself...and it dawns on me....I'm not sure anymore when the holidays end, are you? It used to be, and not that long ago it seems to me, that all the college bowl games wrapped up on New Years night (The Orange Bowl).

Now I see they are dragging the BCS games out through next wednesday.  And I'm sure there are people who swear the holidays don't end until after the SuperBowl.  And starting with MLK, and all those President's days...we are all right into Shrove Tuesday...and then Mardi Gras, now a big deal since Katrina, and danged if we aren't  right into Baseball and Football Spring Training, and isn't March Madness in there somewhere?

I hear these athletes complain often about not getting any breaks.  Well, what about we who are pound shedding? When do we get to take a break? When can we "have our cake and eat it too?"

Instead of making trans fats illegal? We should legislatively limit the number of holiday celebrations in any given year that involve the ingestion or imbibement of caloric content.

Or not!  Happy New Year by the way! 

No comments: