Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Seen the hose?

Today's "silver lining?" Very low water bill this month. That's it.

Except let me clear up a possible mis-leading piece of information I promulgated.  Just 'cause I wonder who has the right of way between two SUV's, one going up hill, and one going down hill? Well that doesn't mean I OWN ONE. I wouldn't tell you if I did own one.  That would be politcally incorrect until the price of a gallon of gas hits $1.75.

Did you watch the President's State of The Union?  I didn't really hear anything.  I was too busy watching people look for the pit boss cues to respond to prhases based on special interests. 

You know everybody on the planet gets an advanced copy of the speech.  I'm guessing each political pac marks it up for the appropriate reaction to every phrase. I also suspect they have reverse teleprompters for each of those special interests.  The screen I think must toss up lines like...

GO CRAZY!

LOOK MEAN!

OKAY, NOW LET'S DO PROUD!

THIS MIGHT BE TOUGH, BUT WE NEED YOU ALL TO LOOK THOUGHTFUL!

OKAY, BACK TO GET CRAZY!

Did Bush say something about the environment? You know like I thought I hear him say, "be sure to water your plants and shrubs through the winter. That's what great about this country. In America we can water."

My hose is three feet below a snow drift. I'm probably going to have to buy a new one in the spring.  But hey, that's still going to be cheaper than what my water bill would have been.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never watch or listen to the President, no matter who he may be.  It's just too embarrassing.  And now you tell me the whole planet gets advance copies of the speech.  I had a strong feeling that this occasion is of world-wide interest but advance copies?  Whoa! That's a lot of trees - unless it's done electronically.
Any road, I shudder to think of the world-wide reaction - hysterical laughter, unbridled rage, uncontrollable sobbing, immeasurable contempt, migraine headache to die from, unending sorrow, world-wide deep depression.
I would also like to say, all kidding aside, that I hope your snow melts soon and that you don't get another flake.  It must be kind of depressing day after day to see that stuff still lying around, dirty, smushed intoa disgusting smuch, turning yellow where the dogs have left a comment.
PS.  Glad you wouldn't tell me of you owned an SUV 'cause I wouldn't want to know.  Three of my children own SUVs and I don't want to know that either.

Anonymous said...

Sheila I'm still laughing. Can I get comps to your standup act?