Sunday, January 21, 2007

Ha,ha,ha!

I have quite a few people on the edges of my life circle who are suffering tremendously right now.  I try to let them know without being obnoxious that I really care about them. I'm there in spirit as they battle their demons. But, and I know most of you share these types of frustration, what can I do, short of curing them, that will really help?

You know I think it's finally whacked me upside the head? I've not been writing here for a while 'cause I didn't want to share the dark side. So "DON'T SHARE THE DARK SIDE!"

"Who said that!!!"

I'm calling in my vanity to say, " I think the best offering I can muster right now is to amuse my suffering friends and relatives."

STANDBY FOR AMUSEMENT.

Well, I'm still carping about the snow. We are getting another five inches today. It's really odd that my friends and relatives in Los Angeles, the Bay area, southern Michigan and Maine are sending me email letting me know about the ONE inch they counted so far. (Get any, so to speak, in Yonkers, Sheila?) At my house we've had close to 60 inches over the past month and a half.

It's pretty exciting for my sister Theda to see snow in the L.A. area.  She sends me a picture of snow that looks like salt on a Margarita glass. Theda hasn't seen snow in L.A. since 1954.

"It's not that bad is it Paul?," she says.

My sister Brenda in Maine writes, " but isn't it kid of pretty Paul?"

You know the other day I suffered a major bout of TV rage.   Lou Dobbs is on CNN grousing about, big surprise, the immigration issue.

Well he has some obnoxious talk show hosts on who are blasting what they love to call the "Main Stream Media." Why? Because the mainstream media, and I paraphrase one of these GENTLEMEN, " is spending all it's time talking about snow in Denver in December. When doesn't it snow in Denver in December?"

Well only those of you who live or have lived here know why my chain is yanked.  It hardly ever snows here in December. When it does it's an inch and its gone the next day. Denver is technically a desert.  Chambers of Commerce here brag about having the same number of sunny days as south Florida. Almost all the golf courses are open and busy here in DECEMBER! 

While I will defend their existence to the death? I have a  pet peeve about many very popular talkshows.  Hosts? Do your blinkin' homework.  Otherwise your talk show is nothing more than a "sharing of ignorance."

Well I'm over it.  I'm getting back into meditation, and getting a little more exercise. So I am going to try and focus on my sisters' naive impressions.   

"Not so bad?"  Heck it's great.

"Kind of Pretty?" Man its gorgeous!

I've taken over 1500 pictures of this weather anomaly. And? Well I've nothing planned for them other than offering them up for your AMUSEMENT.   Enjoy, or NOT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A HaHaHa to you too.  Yes I enjoyed your chagrin and yes I was amused.  We know how to have a good laugh here in Yonkers.   We got oh I'd say a cool inch of snow.  Here's what makes it really exciting and noteworthy - some of that inch is still hanging around, it's just been so gosh-darned cold here.  I'm going to Florida early next month, and the month after that I am going to sunny Spain.  HaHaHa.