Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Old Pals, etal

I'm finding blogging makes the world a pretty small place. I've heard from the Ings from New Zealand who want to drop by and play some tennis. Step Daughter Rhonda warns me not to visit military displays in Livermore, California on Memorial Day.

Fellow high School grad Steve Snyder sent me his take on our re-union of a couple of years ago.  Liberated sister  Brenda Jumps in from Maine to say its true women don't and shouldn't barbecue. She adds they ought naught mess with cars either.

Deb Lathrop writes from near the Ghost Town she and her sister bought in Southern Colorado to tell me about an art show in the Fall.

 Tom Gleason writes to let me know he can't get on the website for some reason.

My long time friend Becky Martinez writes to let me know she thinks its okay to name cars after animals as long as those animals are mustangs. She agrees that most farmer's markets these days are fakes.

I've heard from the two speech students, Laura and Gabrielle, that I heaped justified praise on. I've also heard directly and indirectly from their proud mothers.

Because of this blog I've been talking a lot to former students, and now good friends, Mindy and Robert in New York City. They were blogging it seems before I was born. They are both awfully good write persons.  

My Tough sister Theda writes to say she's impressed with all the words I know.  When do you think I should tell her I make a lot of them up? And then polish them up with spell check. 

I notice like any novice that you really want feedback when you get started on something like this. But sooner or later it's the contact, not the feedback, that matters. I'll call it  the re-aquaintance of souls. How bout them apples Theda?

Somebody should have told me about this a long time ago. 

I was just thinking how much we all need each other, and how those needs change from time to time. When you are young and at the beach you need each other to rub suntan lotion on each other's backs.

Later on its nice to have somebody like Peggy around to rub sunscreen on my bald spot.

I realize we all need boundaries, but we don't have to like them. I don't like that someone at AOL has determined there are only 16 moods known to man. I would like that person not to invite me to it's cocktail party.

No boundaries here. The door is always open. Drop by.

No comments: