Thursday, April 27, 2006

Uh, Oh!

Flirtatious: "Wanna watch my TV? I have this incredible newspaper I'd like you to read!"

Real Mood? MIFFED

Prediction: Some event on the planet today really will be terrifying. 

 

Okie Dokie! My button got pushed. I ope', NAY, unfold the Rocky Mountain News this morning?

 

Terrifying bus ride

Oh, My God!

Then the subheads!

"It looks almost like a bomb hit it, like bricks exploded."

Tracey Lepine, 34, whose house was hit by the bus.

16 students, 3 adults taken to hospitals after Denver school bus hits car, house.

It may be that I've been jarred into this senstive state because just as the SUN is coming up this morning?  Peggy is shaking me, and follows up the physical abuse with , "NEWS ALERT, NEWS ALERT! IT'S THURSDAY!"

All this happens after I watched all the video of this TRAGIC event last evening.  It all came from the same HELICOPTER that visited us on campus yesterday.  

PAUSE:  I love people, and especially young people with uncomplicated minds.  I care deeply about kids close to me. When told on  the phone my stepson was stabbed back in the 80's? I raced through red lights, jumped curbs, fishtailed around corners to come to his aid. But you know what? When I found out he was okay? I calmed down!.

Back to the action:

So even TV last night had calmed down. Most of those injured had already been released from the hospital.  There were no life threatening injuries. Everybody is going to be okay!

I'm not criticizing the response by any media. I'd have been leading the pack to get there. And while I don't always like it? I live with the concept that pictures, moving and still, SELL!

MY IRE, is raised by the incessant use of words that can't be topped. "IT IS OR WAS: TERRIFYING,

HORRIFYING, SHOCKING, UNBELIEVABLE, and my all time favorite? TRAGIC!

If everything is a superlative? What's not!

I have heard and seen radio, TV, and newspapers use  TRAGIC in reference to events as "dramatic" as a lost dog.

I'm no reformer. Me blowing off steam isn't going to change anything. But by golly, I want a scale, don't you?

Why can we have a scary bus ride? What's wrong with saying, "what appear to be minor injuries." 

Call this posting an URGENT!

I'll have another one ON MESSAGE about PAULSMODEST MUSING'S ANNIVERSARY  LATER TODAY.

it is newsworthy that its thursday ...thursdays are trash day in our neighborhood

No comments: