Thursday, April 6, 2006

Are You Staring at Me!

Fliratatious: "It says in the book here that if I WINK at you, you'll respond in some fashion."

Real Mood: Not found in the MOOD MANUAL

Prediction: When Jupiter aligns with Mars most of us will still have HAIR.

College Basketball Fans go "Mad" in March. In my passion to be distinct, I like to go stark raving "MAD" in April.

I was just reading my last posting. Whoa! Who was that guy?  Does that happen to you sometimes when your head fills up with stuff? Do you just go temporarily INSANE? If not, don't share.

I think I'm still in the mystic labyrinth of stuff sorting. So please approach with CAUTION.

I took my Broadcast Journalism class to the TV station I retired from today. I was bombarded with memories, ergo, emotional overload.

Jen, and Gail and Ian, and Deb, and Lance and Carrie, and Melissa, and Jeff and Anne, and John F and John B, and is that Marylyn over there? Hey Gary! What's up? And all the GHOSTS! I'm sorry but I gotta stop.

If you've worked in a newsroom? You know what I'm talking about. Most of you haven't! So instead "LET'S JUST RAMBLE!"

Dust swirls in front of him as a predicted storm rolls in. Birds that normally flit and frolic around the bird feeder are now huddled together in the mid branches of an evergreen.  They protect themselves instinctly when threatened.

I'm just tossing it out there, but it seems we homo sapiens often  screw things up by trying to think our way out of crises.  I'm sure somebody is going to get all over me for this, but here goes.

How many families have really been saved from fire because they practiced escape routes from the house?

The house is on fire? Get out!

It's snowing and the roads are icy?

Don't dress in your best leathers and wear your helmut! Fool! Don't even get the motorcycle out of the garage.

Somewhere along the line, for some reason?  We cover up our instincts for survival with psuedo intellectual gunk.  We over plan and we over train for every eventuality we can think of. When does the LIVING begin. 

When is the last time any of us discovered something?  You can't discover anything if you are just following the instruction book,  and not partnering up with you instincts!

I don't rightly know where I'm going with this  So on advice from my step daughter Rhonda?  I'm going to just stop at this point.......and instinctly create mystery by adding, "AND THEN......."

Be sure to TUNE IN tommorrow for CHAPTER 2  of  "INSTINCTIVELY DISTINCT." THE STORY WILL BUILD TO A TREMENDOUS CLIMAX WITH THE DENOUMENT COMING ON APRIL 28TH! ISN'T THAT THE ANNIVERSARY DATE OF PaulsModestMusings?

"YES! I THINK IT IS."

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coincidentally, I am working on my own memory book and  calling it "Distinctively Extinct".  Or do you prefer "Substantively Without Substance"?

Anonymous said...

Its crazy how many people are still there since you retired... seems like they got a lot of good people down there that communicate well...

carmo