Thursday, March 22, 2007

Plum Crazy

Well, yeah.  If you Antelope were casting the Stephanie Plum adventures as an HBO series?  Who would you cast as Morelli? Ranger? Lula? Kloughn?

I guess I'm not the only Janet Evanovich peruser. I've now been informed by my friend Deb Stanley there are 13 books in the series, and one without Morelli and Ranger in it?  Heck...why read that one?

And if you read sighlemaccaba's feedback you know Janet did a Plum series based in Florida. I guess I've still got some work to do. This could cut into my piano practice time. 

You know the one thing I can't relate to? How can anybody eat that much cake?  It reminds me of a study someone got an advanced degree for.  How much alcohol was consumed in Hemingway's "The Sun Also Rises?" I kid  you not.

Think I can convince some committee to let me calculate how much cake is munched in all the Stephanie Plum novels?

Well you're either saying, "hmmmmm? Or you're asking, "what in tarnation is he talking about?"

You just have to go there.

That's all I've got to talk about today.  Tommorrow I find out more about how to pretend to be a Rabbi.  Tommorrow I should have a lot more to talk about.

For now you deer and antelope will have to play without me.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So many activities!  It's hard to keep track.  A part in a play - that must be a lot of fun.  you stole my dream.  
Wow! a book w/o Morelli and Ranger?  No. Thank. You.  Casting (one can tell what influence you're under here)  Casting Morelli And Ranger - this is hard and I take it seriously.  There are not that many hunky Latino types out there these days.  Gael Garcia is too young for either role, and he's not Italian.  
Nick Cage is a possible Morelli although i picture Morelli darkly hanfsome in a Bronx/Brooklyn tough guy way.  J. Depp is a little too pretty.  Vigo Mortensen AKA Ranger could be the Ranger in brunett.  Aragon has that dangerous undercurrent about him that thrilled so many.  Antonio Baneras ??  Eh, I dunno.  
This is so, so hard. I will have to spend the weekend meditating, contemplating and even thinking on this little dimella.,
Who's Lula?  Is she that irritating grandmother?  The one who makes me think of Maude's mother in Golden Girls?  If that's who Lula is...Waidaminute - Lula is the retired street worker.  This one also needs a lot of thought.