Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ouch!

Are we for sure Brutus and his boys didn't off Caesar on the Ides of April rather than the ides of March?  Just askin?

We're headin' out to do our income tax today.  I'm going to add a lot to this entry.  But just in case something should happen to me between here, there, and back here?  I just want a few things on the record.

The way we handle taxes in this country is insane.  I like to think of myself as somewhat of a patriot. I don't really want to live anywhere else for any extended period of time. But this time of year I'd be happy living in Antarctica with the penguins. At least they get to hold on to their nest eggs.

I envision some cadre of IRS agents scanning the internet looking for malcontents to punish this time of year.  But you know what? Blank em! You can say that when you're my age.  Do they think they can inflict more pain and indignity than a colonoscopy?How about a camera probe to check out a bladder infection. (Ladies you'll need to add your own contribution here. I'm thinking child birth hits the mark.)

Has it ever donned on our great american bureaucratic minds there might be a reason our life expectancy has fallen behind countries with very simple tax systems.

Well I'm headin' out now. If you don't hear more from me later in the day? Don't get concerned.  While it will likely be censored by AUTHORITIES, I'll write from debtor's prison.  Talk to you soon.  

I'm back. Dang it wasn't that bad.  You get to deduct your medical insurance payments? Wow!  It only took about two hours, filed electronically, gettin' a GRAND back.

God Bless America!

So I'll guess I'll work on my lines in the Rabbi versus Convert (ger) play.  You know I don't know if this fits, but I think I'll play with it a little bit.  MOTIVATION: As a Rabbi, aka member or the clergy, don't I get to deduct just about everything?  Maybe I can work that level of rapture into the climax of the play.

And then there is Stephenie Plum.  The way she lives I doubt she even files. Is there some portion of her self-styled justice system I can apply to my character?

Eh, that's probably a stretch.

Well I think I'm just going to go have a glass of merlot and toast to the thought that YOUR filing will have the same happy ending we saw here.  Shalom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo cuz,

 i've got "12" in hardback...  want me to u.p.s. it to you ?

check costco on june 19th for "lean mean 13"... they always have them "plum" cheap !!!

cuz e.