Friday, October 27, 2006

"I went to a Garden Party...."

Well now my good friend Becky is sad because I say I'm going to backoff on BullyDozers to please my good friend Mindy. Well, in the lyrics of little Ricky Nelson?

"Ya can't please everybody, so you've got to please yourself."

Actually, in keeping with the political climate, I'm out to please anyone who plans to vote. 

"MY FRIENDS....I PROMISE YOU A BULLYDOZER IN EVERY GARAGE...or not."

If you are looking for a safe haven during the next week and a half? We probably won't be talking politics at this location. It's not that I don't care. It's just that I think I know too much, and therefore, kind of don't care.

Yeah, I'm going to vote.  I never ignore that privilege. I hope you don't either.  But I refuse to participate in, or encourage the participation in, the desperate posturing and rancor of the campaigns' final moments.

What we see, hear and read from all of them over the next week will be at best distortions. We'll hear promises that can't or won't be kept.

At worst we'll be hearing out and out lies. And somehow on the backside? Our system tends  to work. I don't why, but it does.

 Now if something really weird or goofy happens? I'm on it.  

Okay, here comes some sloppy, speculative, unfounded, probably wrong journalism that gives BLOGS a bad name.

Take a gander at PICTURE 2, and then get back to me.

 

Now I see this and shoot it from a distance with a long lens. I do not rush to the scene to confirm my suspicions. At first blush you might think, "what a wonderful MOM out supervising the kids having their winter fun."

Well, what I'm afraid I didn't capture?  In the next non-existent frame she is knocking the toddler off the sled. And in the next nonexistent frame? She jumps on the sled and throws herself off this Black Diamond one and half degree sloped suburban hill with shouts of glee.

Well I think I've effectively disguised her identity should this all be bogus. Maybe I miss some subtleties that will explain it all away. But if the speculation is in anyway true? Mommy, shame on you!!  

THE YEAR? 2025

LOCATION? PSYCHAITRIST'S OFFICE

"What seems to be troubling you Tom?"

"I think I hate myself."

"Hmmmmmm?"

"I just don't think I can go on!"

"Why do you think that is, Tom?"

"I don't think, I know.  It's because my mother threw me off my sled when I was four, and then stole it from me. Then she slides down the  hill laughing all the way. And here I am standing at the top of this big mountain all by myself."

"I see, hmmmmm!"

"What do I owe you Doc?"

"This is a horrible revelation.  Nothing, you owe me nothing."

"So I went to a garden party, and they all knew my name......." 

No comments: