Friday, September 8, 2006

Not Such Bad Guys

I look over at this glass of water I keep next to my bed?  This is just as the Bullydozers start work in the morning? Well, the water in the glass has Surf.  Waves are banging against both sides of the vessel.

I'm feeling this low level vibration throuhout my body.  I'm thinkin' about a '2' on the Richter Scale.

The hair on my head [ hey I've got some] can feel this electrical surge.  It feels like every tress is standing straight up.

"Oh, come on, Paul. This is crazy," I say to myself.  "Just go back to sleep!"

Well I do, and then THIS happens:

You know spending 6 days a week with Bullydozers, they start to grow on you.  And if you just open your mind and heart a little bit, they arn't such bad guys.

I catch up with the three up above the other day?  I just crouch in behind a dirt clod and listen in for a bit.  This is what I'm pretty sure I hear.

"What a day, huh fellas?"

"Man oh man, golly gee, I'm just all out of gas."

"Yeah, me too."

"I know these HOMO SAPIENS around here think we kick up too much dust. But you know what I've been noticing?"

"What's that Reggie?"

"Well that dust settles up there above the hills and creates these GORGEOUS sunsets.  If it wasn't for our efforts, they'd just have some boring ol' blue skies to look at."

"Ha, Ha!. You  know Reggie, that's just a wonderful observation and makes me feel so much better about myself."

"Hey, that gives me an idea.  Did I tell you guys I got a date with that cute little Front Loader in front of us this morning?"

"Why Langley, you big devil you.  Where you gonna take 'er?"

"Well, that's just it.  Why don't I bring her back down here tommorrow night and we'll just sit here and watch the sunset?"

"You're just an old romantic fool Lang."

"I 'spose I am. But you know I don't want to just spend the rest of my life shoven' dirt around. I want to find a little Filly Front Loader, settle down, and make ourselves some little Bobcats and Forklifts."

"Stop it Langley, you're embarrassing us."

"That's nothing guys.  You should hear the joke that BACKHOE  told me this morning?  I can't even repeat it without blushing."

"Well come on guys. We got another big day ahead of us tommorrow. I think it's time we shut our little Halogen lights off and turn in, don't you?"

"Oh, I 'spose."

"Night Reggie!"

"Night Langley!"

"Night John Boy!"

So what do you think?  Should I share any of this with anybody?

No comments: