Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Some Seasons are Silly

Flirtatious: You're flippin' wacky! Know that?

Real Mood: Simply out of my Gordian mind.

Prediciton: Some sense of sanguine sanity will some day surface.

 

Even before she gets her first novel published, Elena Brown is my favorite writer. She can get to the core of something faster than a Meer Cat. I ask her for a topic? Does she hestitate? Does she cogitate? Uh!Uh! "Do Discursive," says she. "Discursive it is," says he.

[Discursive: basically a non-academic essay randomly jumping from topic to topic.]  [Yeee!Haaah!]

I asked some students to make a frame with their hands in front of their eyes. "Take a mental picture of  that frame," says I.  "Now, sans punctuation and other handcuffs, write like mad men and women describing your vision."

I don't ever ask a student to do something I wouldn't do.

I dedicate this to Elena.

White saline plastic spray bottle like a slick ICBM has a shadow below its nose cone that drops down like a lobster bib which says noon making one wonder what time it is in Dubais where even this time of year you fry when noon is nigh to the bottle I see a staple which reminds me of maple my favorite cereal flavor unless it's oatmeal but I digress as I look for focus in this mess by this stack of cds inside plastic that say saturn and its rings and other pretty things that are up in the sky but not right now before my eye thats where in the frame the rings are by a box of tissues with one lone vanilla ice cream holding cone standing up like an old person at attention having one flap catch the light that breaks the night sending out its dissention above the box with flowered images on baby blue so pretty when you think what the contents are there to do for you one angled corner diffused by a golden glass that softens background and  mood with loops and shadows and scratches and a canoe sitting on a brown lake moving two and too fast for the garter snakesssss reflecting from wood their shadows as they should I guess is that a penny i see on yellow horror product of tree hugger sensitivity and a pen that is in long round form it too  a missle but from a submarine aimed at a queen who is maybe mean the staple attached to the stapler that now seems like a walrus head with its tail tucked underneath and headed in reverse and the head of which has holes more like an orca or a punctured garden hose a shadow underneath its bottom what's holding it up could be a sea turtle were it the sea but with this brown wood that resembles a rotting pond shows a little square pad that is all alone. I'm sure there is some part of DISCURSIVE thats elusive here but WHAT FUN! TRY IT SOMETIME!  Ever so often you hit a rhyme.

THAT'S JUST A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT READ AS I PLANT THE SEED FOR  remember THE FIRST ANNIVERSARY OF PaulsModestMusings. WHAT OTHER SEEMINGLY SENSELESS  RESULT  [EDITOR'S INSTRUCTIONS: show subliminal length shot of page on calendar with bold PMM  letters held up on cork board with a stick pen that looks like an ICBM] MIGHT YOU MISS IF YOU ARN'T HERE APRIL 28TH. [EDITOR'S INSTRUCTIONS: pre-production animation of pumping heart with the numbers 2 and 8 swelling and shrinking with the pumping heart.] DON'T BREAK MY HEART! BE THERE!

Not a drop, I swear to it1

No comments: