Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Rear View

Flirtatious: "Can I give you a ride? I've got an extra helmut?"

Real Mood: Ambiguously Ambitious.

Prediction: "Peace on Earth won't arrive this week!"

I'm coming up on the anniversay of this BLOG. Huh? Yeah, it's two and half months away. But this is what you're accustomed to if you are a mediaphile. Ad campaigns for TV ratings periods run that long.  Automakers hype what's coming up for six months. So I thought I'd just get an early start on relecting back.  And then maybe by the time the anniversary actual arrives, I will have caught up. (Don't spend a lot of time trying to sort that out)

I started this thing because some students kept asking me, "What's a BLOG?"

"Well you see, students, a BLOG is......."

I had no (apply adjective) IDEA.  Fortunately? I still don't. It's just wonderful playing around with something so un-defined. I'm having a ball. And I'm quiet "tickled pink" to be taking gentle jabs at those anxious to give BLOG definition.

"Por Ejemplo!"

AOL, which generously allows me to do this gratis, believes anyone accidentally reading this needs to know what mood I'm in. I clearly was gently incensed that I was required (asked) to select my mood from a list of 16 possibilities.

(One of the 16 is FLIRTATIOUS in case you've just recently showed up and wondered why it's always highlighted.)

I have orneryly (new word form of ornery) added my REAL MOOD. And at a risk of catching the attention of some AOL bureaucrat, I have to say I've discovered 127 (One Hundred Twenty Seven) different moods to date.

I have one other thread running through these pages.  I'm offering PREDICTIONS that I hope give MEANING to your life.

That feature began when I inadvertanly predicted the date of a major earthquake, and then followed that up with an accurate "Richter Scale Rating." 

That latter prediction was actually a result of years of media experience. The initial readings are never absolutely right on. And the real number is typically two tenths of a point in either direction. But, hey, I was right, and you have a new Nostradomus on your hands. If you take a good look at my list of predictions you'll likely conclude that my percentage is right up there with the "Greats of All Time."

At Peggy's suggestion I won't extend this review into the realm of your "ENNUI." Idon't know why I love that word.  I like saying it more than typing it.  But even typing it is fun. I'm being offered pancakes to take a break.  Join me in the next entry where I will be coming to you sated.   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Blue Rhino, you do a lot for us.  Preditions, mood sharing and other things too anbiguous to mention in a family publication.  Thanks for everything!  Oh, and Happy Upcoming Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

hEY pAUL! WHATs a BlOg?!?!
Ha, just kidding=)
so, the predictions give meaning to our lives and you tell us Peace on Earth wont arrive this week...
As much as I would never want to try and prove my teacher wrong...I hope we do and Peace DOES come...
three days left in the week...=)
and where did you ever find a giant picture of a blue rhino? wait, I think that was one of the 3 weird looking people I saw on tuesday on our field trip to the 16th street...haha!

Anonymous said...

Yea, for blogs and the blue rhino. Happy early anniversary!