Sunday, July 22, 2007

No Problem

CAPTION:  "My, just look at how you've grown!"

 

I mowed the lawn today. I don't want you to think this is the first time I've mowed the lawn. But the act today incorporates a unique observation I think. Thanks to the Sierra Club and the Environmental Defense Fund I'm overcome with guilt.

This has been a banner year for growth. The snow and rain and sleet and frost and hail all seemed to come at appropriate times. Despite a drought like atmosphere here now, the grass, etal, is as high as a Stegasauruses eye.

And right in the middle of the grass? It's a lilliputian mass of Aspen trees.  I had to make a  very tough heart rending choice. Who do I fear the most? Well I just wiped out an entire forest with my lawnmower. Forgive me environmental community. I'm sure I'll get an award from the Home Owners Association.

Speaking of guilt.  I think I'd have made a great mother. I've started this little random site weekend meeting with former students working in the media? Well only one showed up for the first one. Since that time I've had a host of emails begging my forgiveness.

"It's okay you guys, honest. I'll just sit here all by myself wondering if you're all okay. You've got your sunscreen on, don't you? And don't forget to brush your teeth."

Golly life is fun.

Are the Environmental Defense Fund cops licensed to carry weapons?

No comments: