Friday, July 20, 2007

I SEEE you!

CAPTION: "Now class what does this picture tell us about the current health of Western economies.?"

 

I've been doing this long enough now I'm not sure when I slip into recidivism (repeated criminal behavior).  I have just a small brain synapse telling me I've already shared a portion of this story. If I have? Bear with me, because I've got some new thoughts on the issue.

We're walking in a supermarket parking lot. (Sorry no free mention.)  And I see someone seemingly talking to himself.

I'm thinkin' it was about 8 years ago? I found a company north of town that acquired some Google Earth type technology. They were also contracting with aerial photographers all over the World. Why? They were selling their end products to major retailers looking for new markets.  Huh? At least that's what I said. Huh?

Well instead of selling bird's eye perpectives to the CIA, their market was major retailers? Okay, here's the deal I was told. The pictures these guys wanted? Strip mall parking lots. Huh?

"So push in tight and give me a shot of that maroon vehicle in the front row by the Won Ton's restaurant."

"Is that a Minivan, or an SUV?"

"An SUV! Why?"

"Well they're building a regional mall down there and if that car is a Minivan?"

"Yeah?"

"Walmart."

"SUV?"

"Yeah?"

"Neiman Marcus."

"You are __________me!"

"Nope."

Orwell, Huxley, Nostrodomis?  We have arrived. Well just think how much the technology has advanced in 8 years. I'm thinking cars in the parking lots are no longer the bell wether. You know how almost everybody has a cell phone now? And almost everybody is talking on it all the time?

"Yeah?"

But only the well to do and willing  to go into massive debt are walking around talking hands free.  

"Ah, Ha! They're wearing Blue Tooths."

"Cell Phones?"

"Pennys!"

"Blue Tooths?"

"Nordstroms!"

"But let us hope these cameras have really been improved."

"Yeah?Why?"

"I'd sure hate to see a Blue Tooth and have it turn out to be a hearing aid. WHOLE different market."

Well I think we just have to succumb to their scheme. They've got the power. They are BIG BROTHER......or......

What if we all walked around with knock off BLUE TOOTHS  shipped in from China? Just a thought. Or are the real ones already made in China?

No comments: