Wednesday, November 1, 2006

BOOOO!

Every once in a while there is a PICTURE, still or moving, that says it all.  There ain't no more. That's the case here.

I love halloween.  I love watching the toddlers out on their first scary trip. I love the little princesses and the mean little Darth Vaders. I even love the 15 year olds who self consciously show up because they can't break the habit.  But Mostly?  I really love the pre and early teen gangs that gather on your porch enmasse.

And when you say, "Smile, I'm going to take your picture!"

That up there is what you get.

I have THEMEs that I like to implant in the brains of broadcast students.

One of them is when a microphone opens, or a camera has a light blinking? "YOU COME ALIVE!"

In Broadcast Journalism I preach "GET YOUR BEST VIDEO AT THE TOP OF YOUR STORY!"

I also scream "IF YOU'VE  GOT GREAT NATURAL SOUND? USE IT."

I'm sorry you can't hear this motley crew. But I'm sure you can kick in you aural memory bank and go there.

I do on occasion get students, who after hearing my sermons, bemoan, "I don't get it?"

Well, these are not concepts you can intellectualize.. You just have to GO THERE!

Just look at the uninhibited release going on up there? And GO THERE!

The next time some one says," I don't get it?"  I'm sending them to this posting.

I just love HALLOWEEN.

No comments: