Sunday, June 3, 2007

Springy Wingy Kinda Dingy

CAPTION: "Speak to us of Spring, Master Paul!"

 

I'm going to start portioning out a new short story from the Middle Lane tommorrow. I'm taking a break this time because I've been wacked up side the head by Spring. I don't think I'm the only one that goes through this, am I?

Before I take us there, let me share with you what is really exciting this May-June. We've had a couple of bird houses in the back yard for 16 years. One of them has been like a rental condo at a resort. We've had all manner of birds stay there on their honeymoons with the predicted result.

But the other one has just been like a rundown property that no one wanted to visit, let alone raise the kids.

Well this year it's happened. A family of WRENS is in there. And this is doubly exciting. I take a lot of pictures of birds, and If you know wren behavior? They flit around like crazy making it nigh impossible for we bird paparazzi to get a decent shot, in focus.

Well, as you can see above, danged if Mama (I think) Wren didn't practically pose.

That out of the way, hang on for some Spring free association. Fasten your seat belt. Beauty Bush, Columbine, scents, GREEN galore. Nests all o'er. Robin Bobbin along with it's song, cloudy wind mit rain, and rain, and rain, nasal pain, quaking leaves, Aspen etal, predict lightning, boom, clouds closing in, hail...not too much or big if you please. Growth, oh the growth, a foot a day I'd say. Kites on flights, gentle breezy cool nights. Grass a place to sit your A__. Worm? Now don't squirm, measures a foot coming off that berm. And yes SNOW depending on how high you want to go. Naps, lots of them, perhaps, bunny hopless I guess....not a time to produce unless you can grab on to something like this and get really loose without a goose.

That's enough. You have impressions of your own. I needed to get this in because on Tuesday I'm being called in for Jury Duty. Don't they tell you to keep your mouth shut if you are put on a panel? That will not be an easy proposition for Moi!

But I'll comply. I think I can still share a 25 year old story with out being jailed for contempt of court. We'll see. Isn't that Wren Awesome?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you should have read my poems about my tupperware bird house where a batchlor bird lived then he took a wife and she cleaned it up and they raised babies and lived happy everafter.I Enjoy your journal. Paula