Wednesday, December 20, 2006

So Glad I'm Retired

I've been sitting at home watching some of my good friends stand around in the snow babbling about the storm that's burying this burg.  While I'm admittedly a little restless?  Oh, is it nice to be sitting inside a warm place admiring nature.  I just took that picture a few minutes ago....we've had about a foot of snow here with some pretty humungous drifts.

So anyway, I'm thinking we don't get our Christmas Card out to very many of you 'cause we don't have your LAND-ADDRESSES.  So, I say to myself....why not send it virtual. It's going to happen that way anyway...one of these days....so here's what some of you got via the post office...

 

Hello! How’s it goin’? We’re older but feeling younger. I’ve lost a lot of weight and Peggy is getting a lot of her trophy level tennis back. I’ve got this goal of not gaining ANY weight during the holidays.  But I’m not going to punish myself VERY much if I come up short.

We’ve just had a light rail extension get within three miles of the house. So I’ve pretty much given up driving. But it has me WONDERING about something.

There is this large light rail parking lot? Here are some givens.

1.      It is about a quarter of a mile wide I’d say.

2.      It is six stories high

3.      It has an elevator and stairs close to the train.

4.      It (the parking lot) is never more than half full.

 

So I WONDER why some folks drive round and round on the first floor to get a parking spot rather than go up the ramp? They seem willing to walk that quarter mile on level one, rather than go up a level or two and park right next to the elevator. I don’t get it.

 

Peggy WONDERS how water can run downhill in a river that’s headed north. She says, “that’s just not right.” She also WONDERS why it can’t be warmer here in the winter since we’re so much closer to the sun.

When we were in the San Luis valley watching Sand Cranes fly south for the winter she WONDERS, “why can’t we do that?”

 

We’ve been to some WONDROUS places this year, like Florence, Oregon. That’s the place where they blew up a whale almost 40 years ago. I still WONDER why they did that. I also WONDER why they put a hot tub right next to the bed in our Florence hotel room. I always get a strange look from people when I WONDER that out loud.

 

At a wild horse compound in Wyoming, Peggy WONDERS why we can’t take one of the horses home with us?

 

Well we just wanted to let you know that we’ve just had a WONDERFUL year. We sure hope your year has been full of WONDER too. Come and see us!

 

Paul and Peggy Reinertson

 

 

 

No comments: