Friday, August 25, 2006

"Kickin' Up Dust!"

When student Jeff Rood asks me,  "how's the construction project  going? 

He follows that up with, "How close are they (The Bullydozers) to your house?"

What better example of "a picture is worth a thousand words," eh?

A couple of things relative to the project?  When the Bullydozers go to bed for the night?  You know these huge mounds of dirt they are piling up ?  I'm delighted to report they've become giant playgrounds for the kids in the neighborhood.   Just some good old fashioned rolling around in the stuff. We're talking "Tide Commercials" here!  They're building up little jumps for their bikes and battery powered HOGS. And here I thought the next generation was doomed to cyber existence.

One other thing.  I'm no longer mesmerized by the back and forth action of the Bullydozers.  That's because they are laying down dust layers on my deck at about a quarter of an inch a day. Pretty soon we'll have to be wearing breathing masks to sit in our backyards.

But that's not the worst of it.  I now have no good place to get into the lotus position and meditate. All forms of meditation require deep breathing.  And I'm having to do a load of shorts now every day to keep up. 

So, if you see me, and I'm a little cranky? Don't take it personally. Unless you happen to make a living driving a Bullydozer.

No comments: