Saturday, February 14, 2009

Luv ya honey!

I consider Valentines Day special. Regardless of it's dubious history, it is a wonderful chance to let special people in your life know your care about them.

Now here at home I work up my imagination every year to come up with something that will come as a total surprise to Peggy. This year I opted for the special breakfast in bed cliche, but with a twist.

I had remembered that somewhere in the kitchen Peggy had a heart shaped cookie mold. So I would mix up some pancake batter, put the mold in a frying pan and WHAL LAH!!

Well, there it is, my heart shaped pancake.

Turns out she never did have a heart shaped mold so I did the best I could carving a heart with my spatula. Really looks more like a bad omelet doesn't it? Now if you take our two plates with the boiled eggs aboard....and place them just right?


Kinda, sorta look like a heart, huh?

Could be she was just trying to be loving...but Peggy says of her half of the heart shaped pancake....."Ummmmmm....pretty tasty."
She tells me she never lies, but you know I tasted 'em too.

Happy Valentine's day y'all. It's the thought that counts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made Nancy a heart shaped pancake also!
Do we share a pancakes by design gene?
Duane