Monday, February 2, 2009

House Flip




So I'm out of work, looking for things to do. It is kind of a special time to have this happen. You know, the economy and all? After all is said and DONE, I'm not the problem! I'm NOW the solution.

I was watching my friend Ernie Bjorkman on Ellen last week. If you haven't been around my BLOG lately, Ernie is a long time TV anchor person here in Denver.


He was let go partly because of a merger, but more suspiciously because he is in the backside of his 50's.

His reinvention is he is going to be a Vet Tech. Dogs and cats don't ask to see your birth certificate when you fill out your "job ap."

He and I had coffee a bit ago, talking about having to reinvent ourselves in our mature years. Little did I know at the time I'd soon be in for my second re-invent.

In all of his personal appearances since being on 20-20, Ernie keeps talking about trimming the lavishness of his lifestyle. He, for instance, talks about dumping the condo downtown.


Well, we did that in the first go round. But it is not as if we are without alternative income housing. Right now it's empty.





It's a cozy little abode I built with my own two hands back when I could still lift a hammer.

Our renters haven't exactly been keeping the place up.
But I think I can sand it down a bit, and Peggy can put some fresh paint on it and we'll sell it on Craig's list.


In case anyone is out shopping?
It is in a very well kept, diverse community.


The Neighborhood Watch Program is second to none.


Well that's it! Peggy told me to go post something funny. You can judge my success at obeying that order.
Make me an offer, and if it's a deal, you can make your deposit and down payment on pay pal.

No comments: