Sunday, February 8, 2009

Let's Face It














Well I'm elated, frustrated, delighted, excited, nostalgic, laughing, musing, mad, fascinated, encouraged, curious and fully exhausted. Why?

I just jumped into Facebook, that's why.









We are calling it "social networking?" I'm not sure that title even begins to define or describe Facebook.
When a couple of my former students saw my name pop up in the mix they warned me I was about to succumb to a terrible addiction.
I pooh poohed such a notion. But I have to tell you I'm not sure I should have taken the first sip.
Anyway, I'm IN and I've got to have a least three hits a day.
I try to keep myself in the mix with a couple of professional on line networks, but they can't get close to this melting pot. I've seen and heard from people I met last week, and I've seen and heard from people I haven't seen or heard from in 40 years.










AND I get to keep hearing from them every day. And I get to tell them what I'm having for breakfast, and when I'm picking my nose.
I'm still not sure I'm in love with all the short hand. I'm sorry all these tete-a-tetes aren't in person. Is it a path into or out of isolation? I'm going to keep thinking about it. But for now? I'm getting at little itchy. I need a hit.
















Talk to you soon!

No comments: