Monday, February 18, 2008

"Pelican Briefs"

You see I had to go with multiple pelicans because other wise I might have been sued by John Grisham had I gone with the singular.

Speaking of writers and books? Adam Schrager, a reporter/anchor whose work I admire is having a book signing at the Tattered Cover in Lo Do Tuesday night. Get a load of this catchy title in the middle of a presidential race, "The Principled Politician." While it may seem a clear definition of an OXYMORON? There have been a few, and Adam found one.

Once Colorado Governor Ralph Carr stuck to his principles defending the rights of Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor. That pretty much killed a bid his supporters had of having him run for President. Hmmm! Maybe you can have principles ONCE if you are a politician.

Anyway I'm anxious to read Adam's work.  And you should be more than a little curious.

Adam paraphrases a news source as commenting, " I didn't think TV reporters could even read books, let alone write them.."

For those of you in town? Tattered cover in Lo Do....7:30 PM.

Hey, for you MetNetters we could count it as a "Random Get Together"

 

No comments: