Wednesday, July 19, 2006

"A Leg Up!"

This picture is about two months old. I just love it.  I'm not sure what it says. I think it has been my arrogance that's held me back from sharing it. I wanted to be able to accompany it with some profound insight.

"I took the picture. I own it. I alone see it's one and true meaning."

As I've aged I've gotten slower at many things, like "wising up!"

It's just an image, and you get to own it too if you like. I'm just going to stare at it right now and give you some honest impressions. If the fancy strikes you, I'd love to read how it impacts you.

I see this special time in a child's life. Look at the intense wonder in her eyes. She wants to explore, but not without that powerful leg she's come to trust.  She is so focused. Strands of hair cover parts of her eye, but not her vision.  There might be a day when she'll self consciously and perpetually be pushing those locks back into place. But not now.

I love the spacing of her fingers and thumb. They are open, accepting, trusting.  I fear in a similar state of awe? Mine would be tight together, grabbing, twisting.

That expression, those eyes, those rosy cheeks define twinkle.  It's as if she sees something the rest of us are totally missing. It's an expression we could sure use in the Middle East, and Korea, and Java and Rwanda and Mexico and Washington D.C. right now.

Well that's what I see!

If the kid is just a little brat? I don't want to know about it, thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think she looks like there is a pterodactyl coming at her.  Or, she has to go to the bathroom and she's trying to drag her mom off the tennis court to take her.  Believe me, I know how she feels.

Rhonda