Thursday, June 1, 2006

To Be Fair!

Hello to Paul’s blog readers.  I have decided to preempt his blog for today.  I am his sister Brenda. 

You may have met me yesterday.  First I want to say that I DO have a great sense of humor, BUT…  Really those pictures!  Oprah gets to be air brushed, why not me?! All the stars get to pose for their photos, why not me?!

 

I have been having a great fantasy love affair with a man half my age and seeing those photos has forced me back into reality and now I know it can never happen…that is not funny! 

 

I have allowed Paul to use my archaic dial up internet system to do his blogs while here, missing extremely important phone calls and unable to make extremely important phone calls, because as you have learned from yesterday’s blog, I am a very hard worker and everything I do is extremely important, although, to make things perfectly clear, I am NOT competitive. 

 

I would gladly call any of my near and dear friends and have them confirm that any time I have beaten them at anything it has always been cheerfully done and with little competitive effort on my part…HEY, I just win.

 

Now, if I knew how to use his camera I would take some glam shots and prove to you all, not for competitive reasons mind you, just so you could see that those lovelies on the magazine covers have nothing on me when it comes to shapeliness and lack of wrinkles when the photos are done right.

 

[SEE PICTURE # 2]

 

Maybe I can get Peggy to take some proper photos just to prove my point, but then again I don’t think she knows enough about photoshop to do it correctly.  Of course, I am sure I could do it better than her but, you know, I have so many other very important things to do.

 

Well, I hope I have cleared up any misconceptions Paul may have given you yesterday.

 

P.S.  I am typing this in Word and realize that if Paul has the nerve to put this into his blog he will most likely fill it with typos.  Just know that I have done it perfectly (and I did it without spell check…I mean who really needs that?)

 

Thanks for hearing my side of it. 

 

One last thing… I would like to share a favorite quote from one of my favorite books…

 

“Enownment always means enowning an en-ownment.”  Heidegger

 

[Paul: "HUH?]

 

Sorry wrong one…

 

“…and the poor man had nothing much in the way of brains, so very often what he felt came out more clearly than what he meant to say.”

 

Dunstable Ramsey in Fifth Business by Robertson Davies.

 

[Paul: "Who reads Robertson Davies?"]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Brenda from beautiful downtown Kilgobnet , Ireland !! Ah...brother and sister love .... ain't it great !! I would love to be in a pool right now...just not warm enough here. I think you are very WILD to jump in with all your clothes. Have a great time with my friends...I'm missing them. Tell Peg that her hair looks fabulous !! and tell Paul that I read Robertson Davies !! teeheeheeeeeeee....Top o the morning to ye !! Cheri