Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"Ahoy Grasshopper!"

CONTEXT: Context is good. Mostly it is good because you get to laugh when things are not in it.  You know what I mean?

We all know where the BIG, tired of swimming, ergo, retired ships are? The ones we've put to bed?  You know. "Queen Mary," "Ol' Iron Sides," "Kon Tiki?"

But what ever happened to my Dad's 18 foot cabin cruiser? What happened to your Dad's ol' dinghy?

Do the little boats just get sold for scrap? How do we scratch our nostalgia?

Well America, I'm happy to report the little guys are still around. Just don't look for them in CONTEXT.

We discovered on our recent road trip? By chance really? The little boats have developed this marvelous self-deprecating humor? And as you peruse the pictures above?

Note they can show up just about anywhere, BUT in CONTEXT.

Anybody know where my Dad's cabin cruiser ended up? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad bought that boat and I envisioned parties on the sea . . .
then he put a bait tank right in the middle of the deck.
No matter, he wouldn't have turned me loose with it anyway.

Anonymous said...

I remember sailing the open seas with your Dad on our trip west...to hear my Mom, she was sure I (at 4) would be swept overboard at any moment!  I remember eating some sort of cold-cut sandwiches (pimento loaf??) and washing them down with cream soda!!   M. (Reinertson) Weston