Thursday, December 22, 2005

It just Dawned on me!

A few things just "dawned" on me, but not "out of the blue." There are always outside influences that inspire insight.  My influences come from PaulsModestMusings feedback.

Without being condescending I need to remind myself that not everyone agrees with me. In fact a percentage of folks could care less what I think.

I can't assume that everybody is sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for Paul's next muse.

I need to remind myself of a lesson learned in journalism. We all hurt some people sometime. With our individual interests and agendas, that's just a given.

I've become surprised at the need for people to put other people (me in this case) into a category. 

Finally (at least for now), one needs to assume there are people who think you and your mind ought to be subject to some intense surveillance.

Tis the season to reflect, eh?

Advice? Don't BLOG if you've got thin skin. Some of my strongest critics have been my wife and sisters.  I think they just respond habitually. And they are all in fact, at the same time, my biggest boosters. And I am their's as well.

Recently I was talking with my long time (30 years) friend, Jeff Stroh. We've had plenty of time to sardonically explore each other's brains.  On reading my BLOG I doubt there were any surprises. But in a recent conversation he says, "sorry I don't get the "Flirtation" bit. That tells me I need to repeat myself once in while. Odd because that is a lesson learned early on in Education.

So for Jeff, and any other casual visitors, it goes like this.

AOL, bless their little soul, offers this BLOG space for free. However, their generosity comes at a price. You are sort of required to name the "mood" that currently possesses you.   Problem is they only give you a dozen choices. So in the most vicious sarcasm I can muster, I pick "Flirtatious" every time. Then by following that up with my real mood I am hopefully expanding AOL's  "Mood Pool."  Odds?

In case anyone is wondering about the predictions?  I predicted some earthquakes by chance, even nailing down the Richter Scale number. So, hey, if I've got the gift?  Okay, what's next.

Without being specific you can't do this kind of thing with out stepping on some toes. Those who "really" know me are aware that would never be on purpose. But every word ever written or spoken carries emotional baggage. And if we get too careful about people's sensibilities we don't talk at all.

I was talking to one of my soulmate cousins, Errol Woolen, yesterday.  He says, "You blogging?"

"Yeah."

"Kind of an Andy Rooney thing?"

"I guess."

I suppose I ought to be flattered. But I think Andy's "TOO" old. And I think he borders on "Bitter." I hope no one sees this BLOG that way. And I hope Andy is not offended. Whew! See what happens when you try to be careful?

Finally I've heard from an old high school chum who says she too has rambling, seemingly, non-connected thoughts.  However, she feels it's much safer to keep them to herself.  She thinks she has some relatives that might want to find her a comfortable room somewhere.

Well, here's where I'm lucky. I don't believe I have any relatives who would test higher on the sanity ladder than myself.  We are all meandering around the planet with similar idiosyncrasies. If you put one of us away, you might as well put us all away.  Just don't put us in the same room with Andy Rooney.

I've discovered a new joy in life BLOGGING. You find new soulmates. I hear from "sighlemaccaba" a lot. And I always like what I hear. Thanks!

Anyway, those are some of the things that have "dawned" on me lately. Feel free to share.

For the record the "dawn" photo is real.  No Photo Shop. No touch up. It was "Miraculous" at a time of year those things are supposed to happen. If it's your religion? Merry Christmas. Whoever you are?  Hope Santa is good to you!

No comments: