Monday, November 2, 2009

Sorry...couldn't help myself!

For decades I've been a fan of Celebrity Cipher, a word game by Luis Campos, syndicated across the country. I like it better than most word games because in the end you can walk away with something you can use that day.

I, more than once, have used these little gems to support a theme we were exploring in class.

In this case I'm taking a quotation I solved on Saturday and handing all you comedians a mean one-liner I've attached for the taking.

"Mea Culpa," but please don't give me the credit if you use it.

Here is the answer to Saturday's puzzle, a line from a radio broadcast.

"Strange beings who landed in New Jersey tonight are the vanguard of an invading army from Mars."

The line is from the Orson Welles 1953 radio broadcast of "War of the Worlds."

In case you are unfamiliar with the history of the broadcast? It set off wide spread panic across the country, and especially in New Jersey.

So let's bring the answer to the word puzzle back.

"Strange beings who landed in New Jersey tonight are the vanguard of an invading army from mars."

Tag from Annony Mouse:
"Come on now! How would anyone know?"

For the record I hate stereotyping, but Janet Evanovich is WAY, WAY ahead of me on the New Jersey thing. And, hey, growing up 15 miles from Hollywood, I know I'm being bad.

Oh, well! There are just those days you can't help yourself.

Yeah, I DID have a FEW friends in New Jersey.

No comments: