Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Deciduous Deceit

"If ever I would LEAVE you......



Every SNOWFALL has a unique benefit distinctively aimed at the individual.

Sure the ski areas are all hyped...'cause they can now start seriously hyping their product. (Now you can put your "rock"skis and snowboards away and start using the good ones.)

I just saw my good friend Michelle Griego doing a live shot whilst screaming down (about 3 mph) a hill on a sled she stole from some kid in a park. (Is BULLY a gender specific term?)

(Her daughter Amaya will have a comment I'm sure.)

Kids and students who clearly haven't done their homework are delirious about school closures. The list goes on.

For Me? Well I've been talking about the annual October, November exfoliation of all the deciduous trees in the Northern Hemisphere?




I've also discussed my annual reticence to rake the little "fellas" (leaves) up once they've hit the turf. Some of you may remember the old ad campaign for a hair dye? It went something like this:


"Does She, or Doesn't She (dye her hair implied)?

Well, here is my personal snow storm ad slogan.

"Did he, or Didn't he (rake the leaves implied)?





Depending on the rate of decomposition, we may never know.

"GO DECOMP!"

I've got another question for you. Please explain this to me should it be within your framework of understanding. It is that time of year when charities are hitting us up big time, knowing we'll be looking for year end tax deductions. So here is a sign I read along side an avenue yesterday.

"DONATE YOUR VEHICLE NOW!"

free towing

"Wow, what a deal, huh?"

Just because you don't see a bunch of trash bags full of leaves out front tomorrow (trash day), doesn't mean I didn't take them to the landfill myself in the back seat of my Camry.


......It wouldn't be in Springtime! "









1 comment:

The Preppy Princess said...

Aw, "...it wouldn't be in springtime" made me all sentimental just as I was prepared to be snarky! Great post, as always. :)
tp