Saturday, September 15, 2007

Whine! Whine! Wine!

CAPTION: "DING DING DING DING, CLATTER, CLATTER, PUFF, PUFF, BANG, BANG, BEEP, BEEP, RATTLE, RATTLE, ETC."

 

About a week ago I'd explained I'd been lax with entries here because I was busy with this other project involving mostly former students? Well, as a review, I've been having these Random Get Togethers...where I name a location...a day...and a time...where I'm going to be? And if anyone is in the neighborhood? Come on by and we'll all network?  No obligation. And there have actually been three instances where I had no takers at all. And I TRULY do not mind.  I've been going to places I just like to be, where I can draw, take pictures and sometimes just meditate. But today I PROTEST!!!!!

(I must pause here to post a disclaimer and paranthetic explanation or apology which ever applies to your particular perspective. See I consider myself an honest guy? But....with a pedagogical mission in mind, I QUITE OFTEN speak in parables that may at first glance seem to be out and out fabrications? I prefer to use the figurative language description, "mild hyperbole presented with irony and tempered with my tongue in my cheek." Just be aware of this as I move on. However, if you put it in the back of your mind, and pull it up later? We should have a lot more fun.)

 

Today I select a site I believe to be an incredible enticement to show up and network. This, as you can see, is Balistreri Winery.  I think it represents an unmatched urban experience, at least in this part of the World. Right in the middle of the largest industrial area in the state,  sits this vineyard and winery with a tasting room and all the usual accoutrements. How COOL is that?  So I really don't think I'm going to be a loner today.

 

With that thought in mind I'm okay with having to watch 200 cars of a coal train pass in front of me in order to get where I'm going. (I am hoping none of you will be inconvenienced by the same conveyance.)

I get here and find a few pieces of "objet d'art" to amuse myself whilst I await your arrival. Well, twenty minutes go by, and I'm getting a little warm?

 

 So I step into the air conditioned wine tasting room to wait for you.

Well since I'm waiting for you, and I know your coming? I'll just do a little tasting. Are you ever going to get here?

 

 

Maybe I'll do just a little bit more tasting. Like two hours worth, I think? Had some wonderful conversations with Bertie Balistreri and her friends and guests, I think. Met some guy who builds and then tears down nurseries (the flower kind) I think. Met some folks on their way to a wedding, some lady who'd tasted some Balistreri Wine in Boulder and crawled to Commerce City to get some more.  I think.  Well the time came when I no longer anticipated or cared about your arrival. But I'm no dummy.

 

I lightened my wallet to get something for the pantry, but I knew better than to just get out there on the highway.

 

You forced me to munch on crackers and cheese and salami to make sure I spit enough of that wine out before driving.

 

And then you forced me to get out on the patio in the shade

 

 

 eating merlot grapes JUST snatched off the vine.

 

I want to stick around for some home made thin crust pizza Bertie, John and their daughter Julie will be cooking in the outdoor brick oven later? But then I may move in and never go home.

Well...as usual I took some pictures.

 

 And I meditated. And I TRIED to draw.  Oh well. 

Oh, but wait. I forgive you, so much so? That if you decide to go there on your own sometime? And you need someone to kind of show you the way? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems like you enjoyed your own company quite well. Nice looking place to do that. Paula