Saturday, September 8, 2007

Foot Fit

CAPTION: "If the foot fits, wear it!" Isn't that how it goes?

Some of you may not have been following this sketching saga I'm mixed up in. So let me quickly summarize. 

Some muse of mine tells me this year, "Sketch Paul. You Must Sketch."

So that's what I've been doing. But it's gotten complicated. I've starting drawing random people on Light Rail. Most are delighted and to my suprise? They have offered up uncomfortable praise and joy they were the ones singled out to be immortalized. Even though I'm putting my best FOOT forward? I'm a total amatuer and the praise seems undue. And, to be semi-honest? That praise has turned to emotional punishment. I say semi honest 'cause I'm human. Sure it kind of feels good.

But then? My last model ran from me when I offered her the original of her likeness. (Not before grabbing the sketch, mind you.) That turns me into an emotional heap of angel hair pasta.

So, and those of you who've been following along already know this? I've decided to take some time off from Light Rail Sketching. But my Muse says, "Paul You Must Still Sketch."

So what? And where?

I give it plenty of thought and question my Muse.

"What, and Where oh Muse?"

Der Muse says,

"Find a private place where you will never be disturbed here at home. Survey your surroundings, meditate.....and the answer will come."

I'll let you in on the path my spirit has taken me me. I'm thinking, "this should be REPENTENT!"

Sometimes, without permission, I've literally exposed the flesh of strangers in my work. AND if I've done my job well? I've stolen parts of their SOLES. Well, to cut to the chase? I find that special private place (the loo).

I look down and ponder  the sketching possibilities....and then it hits me. These people have shared their SOLES with me. Now I MUST share MINE with them:

 

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, stop me any time, HA, HA, HA, HA. Youguys thought SOLE was a TYPO, didn't ya? Well I am so smugly enjoying my self absorbed humor, I think you should give me a BIG HAND.

What does that mean, "GO BACK TO LIGHT RAIL!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hows about sketching a utility meter with flowers around it? Not my idea. I saw a large painting at a thrift store with this subject and surprisingly it was very pretty. Paula