Friday, July 22, 2005

Too Cool!

Flirtatious: Can I buy you a cool drink?

Real Mood? Really Cool!

Prediction: Today's purchase will not result in buyer's remorse.

I predicted on the last entry that today would be cooler, no matter what. I suppose you might think that to be a pretty safe prediction.  After all we had broken the All Time record for high temperature here two days ago. But for the past two days we only dropped two degrees from the high of 105. So technically you could call me on the prediction, because today was the same high temperature as it was yesterday,  even though both days were records for their respective dates.

And even if it had been one less degree higher today than yesterday, you could argue the relative kick-in temperature to qualify as cool, hence cooler.  I think you at least need to get under the 100 degree mark to qualify.

But like most slight of tongue tricksters I had more information than you possessed.  WE BOUGHT and HAD INSTALLED an air conditioner. WOW! Did you all know about this and not tell us.?

We've always toughed out the 10 or 15 days a year one really needs AC here. After today I have to tell you we were really stupid. This cool thing is really cool and it has really been good for our relationship. We used to fight over the thermostat setting in a range of about 10 degrees.  With this thing we're down to about 3 degrees.

I think it's going to pay for itself faster than predicted. For one thing I'll be taking fewer showers.

And there is the forget thing.  I tend to forget where I put things more in the heat than in the cool. I've already spent a fortune on cell phones and reading glasses and pocket combs and sunscreen and pens and pencils and lip salve.

With the AC and Peggy's help I've already recovered three containers of lip salve.  If I find all the things I've lost in the heat we might have to have a garage sale.

I don't have much else to say today. I hope you dow't think too lowly of me. Look, I didn't entice you to throw down some bets on the prediction.

Right now I just want to go enjoy the atmosphere and I promise not to gloat over how I tricked you.  It's all just too cool!

No comments: