Thursday, July 30, 2009

Squeak!



Well I got quite a response to my last posting regarding a whole bunch of issues, not the least of which is the case of "THE OUSTED MOUSE."
First I thought it would be nice to show you the piece I played to lure Mickey out of the house. (I DO NOT guarantee it will work in all households.)

As much relief as Mickeys leaving brought to our home, you need to know Peggy has locked herself in the bedroom and stuffed towels under all ingress and egress possibilities. You see Mickey leaving? Apparently we're talking about a "deadbeat" mouse here. Mickey clearly left Minnie and the kids behind.

So....I've since beat the stockers into the grocery store this morning to clean them out of all mouse traps and bait. ( If you've got some rodents you want to eliminate? Bring 'em on over. I've got you covered.)

I've drawn up a map of all feeding and trapping locations so they can be constantly monitored.

Well, anyway, one of the responses I awoke to this morning came from my Brother-In-Law Jerry Clark. The Clarks are a large clan and it seems they've just had one of these monster get togethers.

You should know that Theda and Jerry cranked out a lot of double XX Chromosomed Homo Sapiens. These are all very bright, sophisticated, well educated, athletic, clever women. But, as Jerry relates it, when a mouse decides to join the party? Every women in the house jumps up on a chair screaming.

(That includes my sister Theda who should never jump that high at her age.)

I also heard from Cousin Judy in Florida...discovering my mother made flour sack dresses for her and her sister when they lived in Chicago. She's got pictures somewhere. ( If I'm not mistaken Judy once held the World's Record for shorthand taking....a skill I guess you'd want to hide these days, eh?)


Judy contributes the Reinertson look of 1952 up top. Pictures of flour sack dresses still to come.





I hear from Cousin Sharon...that her dad....Bill Woolen....kept travel expense logs just like Dads back in 1954....and it looks like we all had to stay at the same motels.


The older you get, the smaller the World gets.

3 comments:

The Preppy Princess said...

You all made quite the style statement back then, very snappy indeed.

And if you saw the photos of Scooter the Wonder Cat gazing at the m---- stuck in the sliding glass door... well, we'll just say it wasn't pretty.

:)

Paul said...

That might even be a flour sack shirt, I don't know.

I'm looking around to see if I can find you sone PINK burlap.

Unknown said...

I think your mouse escaped next door to our house - I just found a dead one in our recycle bin! He clearly didn't demonstrate long-range thinking as when he jumped in there, he had not planned how he would get back out. :)