Saturday, May 23, 2009

Poh Pour Hee


"Bill and Coo sitin' in a tree,

K-I-S-S-I-N-G."

The Dove, a symbol of peace and love and hope. Thanks guys for stopping by and mating right in front of us.

A week ago I was at Metropolitan State College's graduation ceremony. I don't teach there anymore, but there were about 15 former students I wanted to tell about the doves.

Any way, what a great opportunity, I think, to test my beard. Would any of them recognize me before I yelled at them? Let's see:

"HEY ELLESE!"



"IT'S PAUL!!!!! HEY PAUL!"




YO, ERIC! YO CORA!


"CORA? I THINK THAT MIGHT BE PAUL THERE IN THE BEARD?"

"IT IS PAUL! HEY PAUL, THANKS FOR COMIN'!




NOW BRIANNE KNEW I WAS COMING, AND STILL?


"PAUL, YOU CAME!!!!!"

"WELL, YEAH, CONGRATULATIONS."




DREW SAYS TO KOMAL, WHO RECOGNIZED ME RIGHT AWAY,

"KOMAL, WHO WAS THAT BACK THERE?"



"IT'S PAUL, SILLY!"

"OH, DARN. I NEED TO TALK TO HIM!



BISHOP SPOTTED ME RIGHT AWAY BUT I THINK HE WAS TRYING TO AVOID ME. HE DROPPED MY CLASS...BUT I STILL THINK HE IS ONE OF THE FUNNIER GUYS ON THE PLANET. AND HE WAS A MILITARY OFFICER?

Brianne invited me to a soiree with her family and friends. What an honor, what fun? What a full live she lives.

I couldn't catch up with Issac at the ceremony, but he invited me to his going away shindig and we got to compare beards.


Some time today I get to go celebrate with Cora and Eric, two of my favorite journalists. Watch for their bylines.

Now, back to beards. I liked Isaac's. It fits him. And now that I've said that, with his fun rebel personality, he'll probably go out and shave it off.


Not to be out done, my cousin Errol can compete in any rebel or beard competition. He is now living in the Carribean. I think we can surmise from the size of the accessory dangling from his lips?

He is not living in Cuba!

Now back to the graduation. The celebrated speaker was an editor with the Rocky Mountain News. Was, I say, because the Rocky Mountain News doesn't exist anymore. He painted a rather bleak near future picture, but then he would, wouldn't he. Wisely he then pointed to a world that this generation, this graduating class will define, with not much help from us I'm afraid.
That suits Issac just fine.
Oh, I have to talk about the economy for minute. Have you noticed how many more BMWs and Mercedes are showing up in the Walmart and Costco lots? By the way if you are looking for some affordable fine dining? Get the Brat and drink at Costco's little eatery. That'll cost you a buck fifty. And the Brat is very good.
And, maybe the best bargain on the planet is their hand dipped Ice Cream bar with nuts. It's to expire for.
Everything is relative. At a restaurant where I'm eating a four course dinner for 7 dollars and twenty five cents? A woman in the booth in front of me is almost in tears telling her friend she is having to cut her monthly massages from 15 to 7. Woe is her!
Well I'd love to part this post on a high note,
but my journalistic integrity commands me to tell you what I think you need to know. Those doves making love in the tree? The truth?

No tree! It's just a rusty old shake shingle. I don't know what that means, but I'm pretty sure you need to know it.









No comments: