Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Well?

What do you know about that?

Peggy thinks I'm too locked into hands and feet with my watercolors, so I've slipped back into FOWL for a while. I let this one dry over night and get up this morning to touch a few things up. That is when it happens.

Peggy, who is into acrylics and oils, used to watch the late Bob Ross on TV. Some of us remember the pop-artist for the fun phrase, "happy accidents." 

Well as it turns out I have one of those this morning, a happy accident. Ironically it has nothing to do with my painting.

I don't operate well in the morning without coffee. So even before wetting a brush, I pause to go through the coffee makin' routine.

 

 

This little snapshot is loaded with information, but please focus on the bag of coffee beans. You should probably know it was full a few minutes ago.  You see I am getting ready to pour a few beans into the grinder.

 

 

 I do that whilst looking at my painting over my shoulder. (for the record one should not attempt this at home.)

 

 

It is a little out of focus, but this is what three quarters of a pound of coffee looks like on a kitchen floor.

 

 

Here's a little tighter shot.

 

 

Here's a shot of "most" of three quarters of a pound of coffee swept up.  So what do I do with it?  Just throw it out?  

 

 

Here's a shot of three quarters of a pound of coffee, that's been on the floor, being poured into a colander. Move over spaghetti.

 

Just run a little water over that three quarters of a pound of coffee, that has been on the floor, and it will be just like new.

 

 

Just to be safe we'll apply the fire hose level of force.

So what's the happy accident?  You know how when you're trying to sell your house? Realtors tell you to have fresh chocolate chip cookie odor enticing would-be buyers? And, THEY say, ALWAYS have a fresh pot of coffee brewed?

 

Well there is no way I got all those loose beans. So that  coffee aroma is going to be there IF and WHEN we ever try to sell the house.  Isn't that a happy accident?

Oh, and I find a small piece of celery in with the beans in the colander? Celery that might have clogged up the garbage disposal trap? Now that's a happy accident.

Oh, and I don't know what it means but Peggy just tells me she's found a coffee bean on the stairs twenty feet away from the kitchen.  Now that must be a happy accident of some sort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought where you were going with that was somehow you screwed up the picture by spraying coffee all over it.