Sunday, August 19, 2007

Haircut? Me?

CAPTION: "What do you mean where's my comb?"

There was a wonderful moment of humor relief at the service for my niece Donna this summer. (For any new comers, Donna died of breast cancer at 42. Donna was a beautiful woman.) One of Donna's male neighbors recalls welcoming Matt and Donna when they first moved in. The neighbor clearly recalls looking at Matt, then Donna, and then whispering to himself, "man did this guy over achieve."

I, of course,  did the generic laugh with everyone else. But whilst drawing last night? First a likeness of Peggy? (The first one by the way she's ever allowed me to show in public.)Then a self portrait? That little joke became a lot more personal.  

We were up in Breckenridge (mountain ski and tourist area) this past week. Whilst there we bought Peggy an appropriate cup stenciled with the message, "Living With A Norwegian Builds Character."

Look at these drawings and "I GUESS SO!"

I mean how would you like to wake up to this guy every morning? Just think how much worse it would be if I hadn't combed my hair?

Some people, Peggy included I believe, think its high time I got back to school and occupied my mind with activities that might benefit society. That comes tommorrow unless someone with decision making power reads this first.  Ta Ta summer.

No comments: