Tuesday, September 6, 2005

"Just the facts please"

 

Flirtatious: "Like my waders? Got 'em at Neiman Marcus, paid 700 dollars for 'em."

Real Mood: Wishing I could laugh.

Prediction: If they do get any refugees on those cruise ships they'll want to leave the second they hear those toilets flush.

 

Not to belabour the point too much but when you talk about Sunflower seeds this is what the plant looks like. Neither you nor the birds would opt for the seeds in a Blackeyed or Browneyed Susan.

Just a couple of things tonight. Come on FOX, get rid of the guy walking around in waders. He's standing in water while he could be standing on grass two feet away? I don't think he needs to worry about hepatitis. His concern should be "Water on the Brain." 

I'm still working on my "Chicken Little News" but still not ready. I hoping we are all asking of every anchor, reporter, public safety official, bureaucrat, politician, military leader, victim and clergyperson showing up on TV along the gulf coast the same question.

"Are you here with a legitimate, well founded concern, or are you just jockeying for face time?"

Not that we shouldn't be paying attention and offering help where we can, but I hope we're all pausing for some diversion.  Peggy and I have been watching the U.S Open Tennis Tournament. There is some great tennis and real drama developing that will keep one's mind balanced and grounded. You may not need that, but I do. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not in a laughing mood either but you handed me a good laugh this morning.
The idiot in waders!  The toilets from hell!  Maybe I'm just hysterical.   THANKS!!