Thursday, December 23, 2010

Moon Man

I promised a few of you cheated of the first Winter Solstice Lunar Eclipse since the Viking Age...that I'd share some images I was able to grab on early morning of the 21st. "I HAD to stay up since it was my birthday. Never know....there might be an omen in there somewhere."

So here they are:

If you want to catch the development of the eclipse, start at the bottom and work your way up. I had to do a little editing to get these close to what you'd see with the naked eye, but not much.

So, anyway, if you missed the eclipse because of all the rotten weather just about everywhere, you can now tell your grandchildren, "Oh, yeah I saw that event." Just play senile when they start asking you questions about it.














































































1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pics--wish I'd stayed up a little later.