Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hey there smiley!

Meet my step granddaughter Maren Noel. It is my first HUMAN BABY watercolor portrait.  I doubt I captured every nuance.  But I do feel like I snagged a piece of her happy soul. This little girl is going to keep everybody in stitches.

But on that happy note?  Let me ask a few questions. If this comes off as some journalistic jingo arrogance, so be it. SOMETIMES a BLOG has to let you expel your demons.

In every Presidential political race year my brain  gets bombarded with a host of 'WHYs?'

Why is everybody so ANGRY?

Why do we need superlatives to make our choices?

Why do we circle the wagons every four years?

Why do candidates hide behind the pretense of intellectual sincerity,  when WE all know a whole bunch of other people are telling them how to behave and what to say.

Why do these candidates make promises that both THEY and WE know they can't and won't keep.

I hope you'll not challenge my patriotism with this last WHY, but I can take it if you do.

Why do we believe that for sure this is the most judicious and efficient form of government on the planet...WAIT....WAIT a MINUTE...that wasn't SUPERLATIVE enough....Not ON THE PLANET...but IN THE  WHOLE UNIVERSE?

I don't expect any answers to some WHY'S I've been asking all my adult life. 

I'm just going spend the rest of my night HOPING little Maren Noel won't have to mess with them when she's my age. Of course she'll be wanting to know WHY I didn't get her nose just right.    

No comments: