Thursday, May 11, 2006

May Noel?

I can safely tell this story now.

My neighbors have finally taken down these Halloween displays they've had in their front yards? They're my heroes. You see our Homeowners Association? These funny people send out a notice every year that all outdoor Christmas Decorations? They have to be disassembled by January 15th or else. I forget what the ELSE is...something slightly short of beheading.

But hey, they didn't say anything about Halloween?

Well, I took a little different rebellious approach. And I didn't want to implicate my neighbors who might not want to combine their statements with mine.

So, anyway I'm pretty sure some sort of amendment says they (THE HOA) can't burst into my house and tell me how I can decorate the front room.

I'm not sure my protest has had it's intended impact, so I guess I'm just going to tell you about it. .

A few of you have visited, maybe noticed, but politely said nothing. The rest of you just didn't stop by. SO! NOTE THE DATE OF THE NEWSPAPER IN PICTURE ONE. JUST A FEW DAYS AGO, RIGHT?

NOW GO TO PICTURE 2. Uh, huh! Our Christmas tree, lights, decorations, tinsel, you name it, are all still up in the front window.

I'm telling you all this because Peggy has been looking at the tree? And then twisting her neck so that her nose is pretty much perpendicular to mine? And then rotating that pretty little face of hers back and forth?

I don't know for sure, but I think maybe she's saying the protest is about to come to an end?

Even at my age I know few things for sure. I do know that if any ONE person has more power than the HOA?  It's Peggy.

no it's not cuz i'm lazy!

No comments: